Visitors to Hong Kong don't often step foot into one of the many local wet markets around town (and for good reason), but for any foodie who enjoys seeing where the food on their plate comes from, the Wet Market Culinary Journey at The Upper House was designed for you.
Learn the secrets to choosing fresh produce from Hong Kong's wet markets.
The package includes a one-hour walk through an iconic Hong Kong wet market with the chef from one Michelin starred restaurant Café Gray Deluxe, where guests can watch and learn how to source fresh fish, seasonal fruits and organic vegetables like a pro. This is followed by a wine pairing dinner and two-night stay at the 1,230 square foot harbour view Upper Suite.
The exotic dinner features local ingredients including fennel and tomato gazpacho black olive mosto, red curry snapper, Thai basil eggplants and kaffir lime, steamed garoupa, watercress-ginger broth, sauce ravigote, truffled onion and bacon tarte flambée, lobster cobb salad, spring greens and caramelized mango gratin and passion fruit pavlova.
Have a hand at picking the ingredients for the fennel and tomato
gazpacho black olive mosto.
The Upper Suite Package with Wet Market Culinary Journey is available from now until 31 December 2011 for HK$19,888, which includes:
- Wet market journey with chef in local wet market
- Wine-pairing dinner for two at Café Gray Deluxe
- 2 nights stay in the 1,230 square foot harbour view Upper Suite
- Complimentary daily breakfast for two at Café Gray Deluxe
- Round trip limousine transfer to and from Hong Kong International Airport in a Lexus hybrid
- A bottle of welcome Champagne in The Bar or in the bath