Managing Editor, Bangkok
Lifestyle Asia seeks a new Managing Editor to lead the Bangkok-based editorial team. This is a full-time position based in Bangkok. Reporting to the Hong Kong-based Editor in Chief, the ideal candidate will be ambitious, hard-working, talented, forward-thinking, digitally savvy, editorially sharp and able to multitask with ease. He or she will also have a strong personal/professional interest in the luxury lifestyle topics we cover: dining, style, travel, culture, wellness, gear and scene—and have fresh ideas about how to cover those areas. Preference will be given to those who have experience working in a digital environment.
- Oversee day-to-day site operations and manage team of two editors, plus interns.
- Work with Editor in Chief to produce high-quality content and reach established targets/KPIs.
- Write and publish engaging, highly clickable, immediately shareable stories relating to luxury lifestyle topics in Bangkok.
- Sub-edit stories written by staffers and interns.
- Recruit and train staffers and interns as needed.
- Coordinate with photographers for event coverage in Bangkok.
- Update events listings, Hot 10 section, photo galleries on a regular basis.
- Manage LSA Bangkok’s social media accounts.
- Represent Lifestyle Asia at high-profile events, including media tastings, boutique openings, press previews, and other networking events in Bangkok.
- Create and maintain relationships with local influencers and bloggers, expert contributors, PRs and luxury brands.
- Work with sales team and clients to generate creative ways to produce sponsored content.
- Identify and reach out to large-scale events in Bangkok for potential media partnerships, where possible.
- Minimum of 3-4 years writing and/or editing in English media/publishing, preferably online.
- University degree holder, preferably in journalism, writing, communications or related field.
- Natural-born leader who knows how to inspire, motivate and lead a team.
- Ability to write quickly and accurately on deadline without sacrificing quality.
- Solid understanding of trending topics and news in addition to Bangkok’s luxury lifestyle market/audience.
- Passionate about luxury lifestyle, including fashion, beauty, travel, art, events, property and more.
- Entrepreneurial, confident, outgoing and social personality.
- Able to work independently and take initiative.
- Excellent research, writing and editing skills. Attention to detail/stickler for accuracy and grammar.
- Familiarity with the fast pace of online publishing.
- Savvy on a variety of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.).
- Fluent in English. Basic knowledge of Thai is preferred.
- Good photography and photo-editing skills are preferred.
How to Apply:
Duties and responsibilities may be adjusted based on years of experience. Salary is also commensurate with experience. Interested parties, please send full resume and cover letter, including expected salary and date of availability, to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line of “Managing Editor, Bangkok”. Please also indicate which of our coverage topics are among your areas of expertise, and send links or PDFs of your published work.
About Lifestyle Asia:
Lifestyle Asia is the essential guide to living the good life in Bangkok, Hong Kong, Kuala Lumpur and Singapore. We’re a one-stop shop for the latest news in international fashion, dining, luxury travel, VIP events and nightlife, health and beauty, must-see art and high-end gadgets.